Protein is the most important muscle building nutrient. Unlike carbohydrates (in the form of glycogen) and fats (fatty acids), the body is not able to store protein.
This means that you require a daily intake of high quality protein to maintain optimum levels of your free amino acid pool, especially the essential amino acids. If in short supply, the body will draw from (cannibalise) this amino acid pool in order to maintain health - robbing you of hard earned muscle tissue.
By including a high quality Pure Whey protein powder drink, the benefits to athletes go way beyond the fast absorption and muscle building qualities of whey protein. Whey protein is easily digested, quickly absorber and utilised by the body to repair muscle tissue, support energy levels and a strong immune system.
What is Whey Protein?
- Whey is a high quality protein derived from milk
- It is a complete protein that contains all of the essential amino acids that your body cannot make
- It has the highest biological value (BV) of any known protein known
- The richest source of branch chain amino acids (BCAA). BCAA's consist of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine.
These aminio acids are vital for muscle tissue repair and growth
- Easily absorbed and used by the body for repair & health maintenance
- Due to these facts, is has become the most popular sports nutrition supplement sold today